Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Mini Review: The Kennedy Detail

Title: The Kennedy Detail
Authors: Gerald Blaine and Lisa McCubbin
Rating: 5/5 Stars

So the reason this is a "mini review" is because this blog is mainly focused on YA fantasy/fiction, and this book was more of a "me" read, if that makes any sense whatsoever. So this won't be a long review like it normally would, and I'm just going to do a little blurb with my thoughts on the book and its content.

I really enjoyed reading this book, as much as one can enjoy reading a book about the events leading up to someone's death. To read about it from the perspective of the Secret Service agents who were responsible for protecting him and who obviously were very attached to him was just heartbreaking.

The first part of the book was extremely interesting and informative at least for me, since I've always admired the Secret Service agents. I knew their jobs were hard, but I didn't know that they were this hard. The amount of planning that goes into everything is insane.

The second part of the book, during/after the assassination, was really hard for me to read just because of how much agony everyone was in. Everyone was blaming themselves, people were throwing accusations left and right... It was sad, but I think it truly encompassed how everyone felt after the assassination.

I would definitely recommend reading this, it provides a unique perspective and is an informative and interesting read.

This review is on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment