Saturday, September 2, 2017

Book Review: A Conjuring of Light

Title: A Conjuring of Light
Author: V. E. Schwab
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Series: Shades of Magic (Book 3)

Reread Count: 2


(Look it's a picture! Go me.)
This was the second time I've read this book, which means I know every plot twist, every character action and reveal, everything.

So why did I still cry? (I actually did cry. Granted, it was the tearless, sob/heave kind because there were people near me and I didn't want to have the whole conversation like yes, I cry when I read books, yes I do it all the time no, it doesn't happen that often, etc. But I was this close to bawling and I didn't so now I am proud.)

Anyway.

I'm just not sure how much I can say about this book that I haven't already said about the other two books! I can only find one thing that I don't like about this series, and it's that it ended! I want to know what happens! And it's going to be YEARS before we get any answers in the form of the Threads of Power series... Why...😭😭

 I just... I love this book. There's so much action, so much other stuff that I can't talk about here because I can't figure out how to do spoilers on this website...

So I'm just going to link you to Goodreads here for the spoiler review, and if you want a spoiler-free review/list/random thing (for this book, I mean there are spoilers for the previous books but...) that will be down there ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

  • All of the characters just got like 10000x better. Like take Lila's best quality and Kell's best quality and Rhy's best quality and multiply them by 10000 and that's how awesome it was
  • It made me cry, and not because I was bored to tears but because I get to emotionally attached to characters and when they hurt, I hurt...
  • Kell & Alucard because Alucard is (still) one of my favorite characters but his relationship with Kell was just perfection and it made me laugh
  • The whole parent issues thing
  • I still like Holland. I will probably never stop liking Holland I get that he's supposed to be evil and all that but all he wanted was his world to be all pretty again 🌅 can you really blame him for that?
  • The ending killed me. I want mooooorrrreeeeee.


So yeah that was my pathetic blob of feelings that did not turn out to be a review at all. I'm sorry but at the same time I'm too busy being a blubbering mess that I just can't function...

No comments:

Post a Comment